N3 Cloud Services
Unified Communications is the integration of real-time communication services like WebEx and MeetMe.
N3 Mobile Health Worker offers key benefits to clinicians on the move by increasing their efficiency, which results in improved patient care.
Connect to N3 through IPstream & Business DSL – intended for GPs, small clinics & temporary sites. Connect up your main and branch sites with our VPN solutions.
N3's remote worker services for NHS users – connect to N3 wherever you are.
Private Circuit and Ethernet connectiions for larger NHS sites that run applications like Choose & Book, electronic prescriptions and PACs.
The new Healthcare Security Token enables AQPs and non-NHS organisations to access patient information and national NHS applications like Choose & Book and other services from anywhere.
The N3 PSN products enable customers to connect to N3 PSN. These products are based on non-resilient DSL and non-resilient Ethernet services.
Quick summary of N3 features, benefits and technology.
IP Address ranges used by the NHS; legacy, policy and user requests.
Physical security, securing patient data and responsibilities, plus security checklist.
nhs.uk domain, internal vs external DNS and record change requests.
Order an N3 service, fund my N3 connection, migrate my N3 connection, manage a change to a CoIN, Contact N3 and raise a complaint.
The N3 user guides will help get the best from your N3 products and services.
Frequently Asked Questions will give you answers to voice services, security, internet gateway, GP NGA and general queries.
Access N3 product and service brochures about voice services, video and web conferencing, Mobile Health Worker, On Demand Compute and VPN.
Register for the latest N3 events including the N3 User Forum.
Read the latest N3 case studies that demonstrate the cash releasing, innovation, productivity improving potential of N3 products and services that can improve clinician's efficiency and patient experience.
The N3 Event Replay site is regularly updated with videos and presentation material from our User Forum events.
New to N3?
Find out how N3 has helped enable 21st Century healthcare for the NHS and is an enabler for innovative IT solutions such as using video conferencing for a telestroke service.
Find out how N3 are delivering high quality services with service delivery processes conforming to best practices.
We are in constant dialogue with our customers about the service they receive from us. Find out how N3 analyse and act on customer feedback.
N3 are very proud of the many awards that we have won over the last few years. Find out what awards we have won that demonstrate the excellence of our network, our services and our commitment to the NHS.
N3 is enabling sustainable benefits for the NHS, by stimulating a change in the way people work, providing accessibility to national applications to enable local services and reduce wastage and using new technologies to enable collaborative working
Who To Contact For GP NGA Queries
For general complaints such as the examples below, please contact the GP NGA complaints team on : email@example.com
- The installation of the new GP NGA service has cut off an existing service to site*
- The installation engineer has left a ‘messy' install that is a Health & Safety issue
- My new upstream & downstream rates are not as high as I had expected **
- Engineer has arrived unannounced (see section on pstn and adsl activation dates)
- Engineer advised the practice that they need to connect up the router (BT Openreach engineer)
- N3 has cancelled an appointment at the last minute
*If the fault is on an existing ‘In Life' service you should report it directly to BT and then pass the fault reference number onto the GP NGA team, otherwise we will raise a duplicate fault. The GP NGA team will ensure the fault is highlighted as potentially being caused by GP NGA installs and ensure it receives the appropriate focus as well as using it to manage the suppliers performance.
**ADSL lines have a 10 day training period during which time the line speeds can fluctuate, so unless the services is noticeably degraded post migration, please try to wait the 10 days for the line rates to settle before you call us. There is also a bandwidth spike on the N3 network between 8am and 10am every morning that will naturally slow down end user connectivity. Therefore you are advised not to complete your speed testing during this time. Lunch time is not a good time either as internet usage peaks. If, after following both of the above, you believe that there is still a service issue, then follow the standard N3 fault procedure as you would have done for your previous N3 connection. This is 0800 085 0503 option 1.
For more specific queries relating to the GP NGA provision steps, please follow the route below.
For updates or information relating to the PSTN installs & ADSL activations such as :
- I want to change the PSTN installation location (please note that the new service must be installed adjacent to the existing N3 service because N3SP re-uses one of the existing circuits)
- General queries on when the installations can be expected (but not queries on when the actual service migration can be expected - see below for that)
- KCIs (notification of appointments) have not been received
- Engineers are arriving unannounced
Please direct the comms to :
N3SP GP NGA Provision Team
Tel: 0808 100 0847
For commercial queries such as :
- Customer informs that their premises are no longer open or have merged with another practice
- Customer informs that there is doubt around their requirement for the GP NGA service
- Customer has decided to cancel their GP NGA service
Please direct the comms to :
N3 Customer Helpdesk team
Tel: 0800 085 0503 option 3
For queries about the migration of the old N3 service to the new GP NGA service such as :
- Queries about dates for migration of the old service to the new (but not dates for installation of circuits - see above for that)
- Queries as to why an order has been placed but no contact about an install has been received from N3SP (i.e. the site could be on hold)
- Queries as to why PSTN installs & DSL activations may be complete but no contact has been made about a migration date as yet
- Queries as to why a site is on hold
- Queries about cancelled appointments
Please direct comms to :
GP NGA Migration Team
Tel : 0800 025 3019
For queries about the progress of sites that have failed commissioning, please direct to the GP NGA resolutions team:
Tel : 01923 666 740 or 01277 326 843
For queries about your line rate not being as expected, please be aware of the following :
- ADSL lines have a 10 day training period during which time the line speeds can fluctuate
- There is a bandwidth spike on the N3 network between 8am and 10am every morning that will naturally slow down end user connectivity. Therefore you are advised not to complete your speed testing during this time. Lunch time is not a good time either as internet usage peaks.
- If, after following both of the above, you believe that there is still a service issue, then follow the standard N3 fault procedure as you would have done for your previous N3 connection
Also, please note the current N3 speed tester facility is in the process of being upgraded as the current tool is unsuitable for checking bandwidth once a site has migrated to a GP NGA service. A new tool will be available very soon so please look out for further updates. In the interim, please go to the following url for the N3 recommended on-line speed tester:
What do I need to do to change to a quieter/ smaller router?
If your GP NGA migration has not been completed because you require a different router to the one you originally ordered with your N3-2-72 service, or your installation is complete and you wish to change the router, then please contact the N3 Helpdesk on 0800 085 0503 Option 3. N3SP will then request a formal quote on your behalf for you to accept and start the process to change the router.
The router ordered with the N3-2-72 Catalogue Service is a Cisco 2921, the replacement router will be a Cisco 1941 router. The dimensions for each can be found in the migration handbook. Please also refer to the Implementation Guide for the environmental requirements.
The total cost of changing the router has been assessed at approximately £2,900, (the actual price will be on the quote you receive) which is to be fully funded locally. You may decide that a better course of action is to change the rack, guidance for which can again be found in the handbook.
If you accept the quote to change the router, please note that you are also accepting the administrative change of your catalogue service from an N3-2-72 to an N3-2-72Q.